Monday 18 May 2015

#MMM'15 - Weeks 1 & 2

I, Cathy of Cathy Makes, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '15. I endeavour to wear an item of me-made clothing:
- five days a week
- one of the days each week to be entirely me-made
- one of the weeks to be seven days of something me-made
for the duration of May 2015.

Week 1



#1: Friday 1st May
Me-Made: Miette II Cardigan
Weather: Cold, sunny
Activities: Day off, coffee morning, dentist, school run.
Chances I would have worn this outfit if it was not MMM: 100%. I practically live in this cardigan and wear it all the time.

#2: Saturday 2nd May
Me-Made: Miette Cardigan
Weather: Cold
Activities: Errands, swimming lessons, kids appointments.
Chances I would have worn this outfit if it was not MMM: 99%. I wear this cardigan a lot.


#3: Sunday 3rd May
Me-MadeMiette II Cardigan
Weather: Rain, then sun
Activities: Friends for lunch.
Chances I would have worn this outfit if it was not MMM: 100%. Told you I live in this cardigan!

#4: Monday 4th May
Me-MadeRuby Tuesday Cardigan, Mustard T-shirt, Martini Mustard Skirt
Weather: Pleasant
Activities: Picnic.
Chances I would have worn this outfit if it was not MMM: 2%. I put this together only because it was MMM. That said, I was pleased with the result, and that is the whole point.

#5: Wednesday 6th May
Me-Made: Wool Pinstripe Pencil Skirt
Weather: Rainy
Activities: Work.
Chances I would have worn this outfit if it was not MMM: 5%. I want to wear spring clothing, this is very winter-y. But, again, I was glad I chose it. I'm still pondering shortening the length to a mini. I like the variety of this, but because it is not very pegged, it seems a bit frumpy to me.

Week 2









#1: Friday 8th May
MM: Liberty Mimi Blouse
Activities: School Run

#2: Sunday 10th May
MM: Mustard T-shirt and Cardigan
Activities: Home Stuff

#3: Monday 11th May
MM: Liberty Mimi Blouse
Activity: Work

#4: Tuesday 15th May
MM: Black and White Skirt
Activity: Work

#5: Wednesday 16th May
MM: Ruby Tuesday Cardigan
Activity: After school classes

#6: Thursday 17th May
MM: Grey Flannel Dress
Activity: Work

It took me a few days to get into wearing my me-mades. Once I got there, I quite enjoyed it. Having new stuff to wear helps too. I decided to give myself the freedom to choose whatever I wanted from my whole wardrobe, not just my handmade wardrobe, but I still pulled on my cardigans willingly. I suspect that, like many home sewers, I am making a lot of things from eye catching fabric, but are not very "me". 

Looking at the photos, it is good to discover what actually looks good on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...