Wednesday 30 July 2014

Miette II


I love this cardigan pattern so much! I finished my first Miette and cast straight on for a second as my very next project.

This yarn is quite different from the first. It is Sirdar Denim Sport Aran, an acrylic/cotton/wool mixture. I had made a cushion cover previously so I knew I wanted a finer knit using a smaller needle size. I upsized the pattern to the 42 to compensate. The sizing turned out ok, the negative ease is forgiving, but the bust darts are too high. Moving them to the side would be more forgiving but their placement is one of the reasons that this pattern looks so nice when worn. 

I did full length sleeves again. I kept trying on and considered everything from cap sleeves to elbow length to three-quarters. But the yarn is heavy and bulky so full length sleeves make the most sense to me. It is nice and warm on.

I omitted the lace at the sleeve cuffs and skipped the row of purl that segues into the rib. I just started the rib immediately and I prefer the smoother finish it gives.

I found the sleeve decreases to be too severe and gave a lump. I changed the decreases to work over 6 rows, not 4. Two normal rows in between each decrease row. My Ravelry notes are here.

I messed up a bit of the lace around the neckline and got the buttonhole placement quite wrong in the middle, but I'm going to keep it as is.


Costs:
 Yarn: £7.44
 Buttons: £3.50
Total: <£11.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...