Monday 13 October 2014

Doll Party Skirt


Since I've been sewing doll clothes, I can't look at my children's outgrown clothes without thinking about how they might be refashioned in a tiny size.

I've had a great time with this refashion. I love the skirt and I never liked the original dress much. I confess that I don't like Disney clothing. I don't much like any branded or logo clothing for children and this dress was very costume-y in the first place. Much better on a doll than having my child be a walking billboard.


I used the back half of the skirt and just trimmed off the lower tier of tulle and the knit underskirt. I was trying to be fancy with the underskirt by gathering it to pull up into a bubble underskirt, but it wasn't working so it was a relief to just cut it away. 

The back of the dress had an elastic band through the gathers so I was fortunate that I didn't have to add any fastening to the skirt, only sew up the back layers and hem the waistband, which I did by hand.

The refashioning continues, I have big plans for the front section of the skirt, and the puffed sleeves.
The tulle off cut didn't go to waste either, it became the accent for the Doll Witch skirt.

Cost: £0.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...