Saturday 19 March 2016

24 Mitred Corners


...aka 6 napkins.

My mother in law gave me this fabric for Christmas, suggesting napkins would be nice.

The fabric really is lovely. I don't know what it is, but it is thicker and softer than any other quilting cotton I have used before. A non-white napkin should also make sense for every day dining, showing less marks and laundering easily.

Taking the hint that our table manners need some work, I ate my pride and made the napkins (geddit?). I did sneak a little bit of fabric for a top secret project, so I only had enough for six rectangular napkins. The 1.2m gave me napkin dimensions of 46 x 37cm

My corners are not perfect, but I did try hard to get them nice. There was way more ironing than sewing in this project. But once I got into a rhythm, they were pretty quick.

They look lovely with my Moda fabric tablecloth. 



Here's to elegant family meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...