Thursday 19 February 2015

Crochet Granny Square


My first crochet - I made a Granny Square!

I went to a class at a local craft workshop, Tea and Crafting, and learned to crochet by making a Granny Square. Who knew that this is the perfect thing to teach beginners how to crochet? I've been wanting to make these for ages, and now I know.


It's not perfect, and the colours would not be my first choice, but I am pleased with it and am giving myself extra credit for getting out there and learning a new craft skill.


I had looked up online crochet tutorials, but I think this is a craft that is best taught in person. I could make an endless row of chain stitches, but nothing else. This has given me the foundation to think about other stitches and patterns and maybe turn this into a craft in regular rotation around here.


I even went home and worked out single crochet to add a row of stitches to my brown jumper. Next up, I'm making a series of squares, which will probably end up being a doll blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...