Tuesday 2 December 2014

Doll Christmas Aprons



I just had to try my hand at these Christmas Baking Aprons.

I even had some furry fabric on hand, from which to construct them. I was fortunate to have this because both the red and the white are knits so I didn’t have to worry about hems and seam finishing. I treated the red as I would a felt fabric.


From the red I cut two rectangles, one 24cm x 14cm, the other 7cm x 10cm. I joined them with a zig zag stitch by just butting them up against each other, no seam allowance.

Then I added the waist tie. This could be any strip of fabric, about 75cm long: a roulade, bias tape, ribbon, whatever. In this case, I used a shoelace! I made sure it covered the zig zag join and ran over the skirt part to the ends and tied at the back.

Next, the white furry hem. This is attached to the front, right sides together, then I turned it to the back and stitched it down to the back.

I used a red ribbon for the neck tie. I ran it across the top of the apron, in hindsight, I should have run it down each side of the bodice piece. It would sit flat if I had, plus it would finish those side seams nicely.

Finally, I used a yarn darning needle and a scrap of white acrylic yarn to embroider a snowflake and a star to the front of each apron.

Time for the dollies to get making some Christmas cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...