Wednesday 11 June 2014

Doll Cardigans


The dollies have new cardigans ready for the summer.

I am delighted to have found a use for this Noro yarn, Yuzen, which I do not like at all. It is perfect for this project, since no human skin has to wear I such a scratchy yarn. I do love the colours and I love the way they keep arriving throughout through the knitting. A small project like this is great for showing it off because each colour section is a good size, rather than being a small stripe.


I used a great pattern, the Top Down Doll Cardigan, (Ravelry linkI can see this being useful again and again in many different variations: for example a long sleeve, or a coat.

I changed the design of the second cardigan slightly. I made the collar and hem out of seed stitch. This stitch shows off a variegated yarn like no other and makes a stable edging. I went for a single button closure and I skipped the eyelets, because the don't show up in this yarn. The eyelets of the first cardigan are a little different from the pattern too, I went for alternating rows.

With the short sleeve style, these two cardigans used up exactly one skein of yarn for both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...