Monday 27 January 2014

Doll Ballgown

 

Marie-Grace is modelling for us today. She is wearing a lame floor length gown with a silver cord belt. The dress is the same pattern as before. You can kind of see where my neckline is too high and the arm too large. This was the first bodice that I cut. The lame was impossible to press and I don't know how anyone sews actual garments with it. You know, to wear. But it looks great on the doll and I think little Miss is going to be pretty pleased with her birthday presents.


I used the silver cord as the closure. It is fixed to the dress by hand, using couching. I am hoping that it is going to hold up to some degree of wear and tear and not be too fragile. (When I look at that picture, I always do a double take and think it is my youngest, standing against the wall for being naughty! Am I the only one who finds dolls a little bit creepy?)

For the hem, I zigzagged along the raw edge and just turned up once. It made for a smaller and lighter hem than the pink dress.

I wonder if I could make some doll shoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...