Saturday 16 November 2013

Mood Loot


I got to Mood Fabrics while I was in NYC!

Of course, I made time in my schedule to get there and I was so pleased that I did.  The store was very well signed and the staff were really helpful.

As you can see, I didn't get much in the way of fabric but the one I did get is silk and is going to be perfect for the lining of my Little French Jacket. The chain is for the hem too. I baulked at the silk organza for stabilising the sleeves because I got a bit overwhelmed by that point.  I got loads of invisible zips because, at $1 each, you can't beat that price. I wish I'd got more.

Finally, tracing paper, a tracing wheel, and an impulse buy at the checkout, Perfect Fitting, which so far is great bedtime reading! 

There is so much more I could have bought, I didn't want to go crazy without specific projects in mind, if you are in NYC, it would be an amazing place to have nearby to pop into when you need something.

The entrance to the store is something I've not experienced before, it is an office building, no signage, you just go in and take the (non-self-service) lift, I mean, elevator, to the third floor where it opens out like a warehouse.

I did see some beautiful Marc Jacobs fabric, a dusty pink with embossed leaves, silk (I think). I couldn't figure out what I might make with it, it was too heavy for a dress or blouse and too pale for a skirt or jacket. A spring coat would look great, but I have a pink coat and I am trying to be a bit more sensible in my making - by making things that my wardrobe actually needs.

1 comment:

  1. I've got to enter the damage: About $87 but the book was $25. The silk was $18 per yard and I got 2 1/4 which was all that was left on the roll. Long zips were $1 each, short ones $0.50. The chain was $3.95 for the single yard.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...