Tuesday 17 September 2013

Sunnyside Baby Cardigan


I love knitting baby gifts - yes, I have turned into "that lady"!  I tell myself I'm giving hip / cool / funky baby gifts because I am using strong colours and nice yarn. Hey, it works for me!


This yarn is Dream in Color, Smooshy, which I have really enjoyed working with. It felt a little scratchy when I was winding it off the skein (I'm not the only one who hangs it off her own neck, am I?) but it felt soft when I was working with it, and when it was knitted up. Fingers crossed, baby won't find it itchy.

My Ravelry notes are here.  The pattern is Sunnyside Baby Cardigan and it was great to work with. I really like how they have created a cable detail and then given a version to create out of lace. I chose the lace but I think I might make the cable if I make this again. I had not tried a picot edge before but it looked great. A little bit of work, but not difficult, and a lot of wow factor for the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...