Tuesday 10 September 2013

Bleaching (mis)adventures


I've had this shirt hanging around in my fabric box for quite some time.  It is really soft and in great condition but I knew the girls would never go for something in this colour.

So I had a go with a bucket of bleach to see what would happen. The greenish colour turned a surprising salmon-orange.


Truth be told, I don't like the new colour and I fear I have ruined the fabric by bleaching.  I am going to try some dye and see what happens but I fear I have made a boo-boo with this one.  It will be nice as a lining, especially for waistbands and things that sit against the skin.  If I can, by some miracle, get it to a lovely deep red, it is going to be a dress.

Here is the fabric in its entirety, the pocket is the original colour and I have laid it over the top for the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...